Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hawaii

My Mom and Dad recently returned from an LDS mission in Cameroon, Africa. They were kind enough to organize a family reunion for their children and their families in Hawaii. I believe there were 32 of us altogether. It was probably the first time we have all been together in a decade. We spent 10 days on the island of Oahu and had a wonderful time. We miss Hawaii.

There were sea turtles all over. We saw a handful of them while snorkeling.

We spent time over the course of 2 days at the Polynesian Cultural Center. They put on such a wonderful show there.

According to the tour books, Hanauma Bay is the place to go for snorkeling. I really enjoyed Hanauma, but I felt that we saw more fish and a greater variety of sea life at Shark's Cove.

Here is the whole clan crammed into the same canoe at the PCC.

This is the beautiful hotel we stayed at. This is a view from the back patio. All 32 of us fit into 3 separate villas. The hotel is called Turtle Bay and is located on the North Shore of Oahu.


Here is the whole family.

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm so happy that you've finally taken the short 30 min to update your blog! I love reading about your life because you're just so interesting! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ABBEY! Andrea and I do read you're blog so don't let us down!

Emily said...

Hawaii looks beautiful!

AlliSMiles said...

What fun! We love Oahu! How great for your parents to have all their children together.

I hope you find a baby soon...you will be the best mom!

Andrea B. said...

Thanks for post about Hawaii. I loved the pic of the whole family in the canoe.

Kristin said...

Yes, we miss Hawaii too. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Thanks to your blog, now I miss it more!!!

Grant and Stacy said...

Wow, Hawaii, how fun! Someday we'll get there. Good luck on the adoption process. I'm sure everything will work out great! I dealt with a lot of adoptions at work, and it always seemed like these babies found the right families. The Lord has a funny way of making it all work out. Just watch out, about 50% of the people I know that have adopted got pregnant shortly after. I always figured that adopted child needed to come to the family first and then the Lord allowed the others to come! Best wishes!

Sheena said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures! Hawaii looks wonderful. Your collage pictures are very good. Take care and thanks for being so great!

Jess said...

I'm so glad you updated your pics again. I'm glad you such a fun trip. Please keep me updated on the adoption process. I'm praying for your family. We need to get together soon. When do you guys leave for TX?

Andi said...

Looks like you had a great time. The hotel you stayed in looks great! How fun to all be together. Wish I were heading to Hawaii sometime soon